Friday, May 11, 2012

Cuppycakes :)

What is not to love about cupcakes :) They are cute... they're small (so you don't feel so guilty), they are portable- and they are just plain awesome!

My daughters asked me to make a treat for their dance class tomorrow... and of course, since I am trying to get my website up and running, what better way to help that cause than to make treats! And well... I can't just have all these goodies just lying around right? So anyone close by who is interested, seriously let me know! I would be glad to share some yummies with you! (I am being totally serious :))

Here are the cupcakes we made...
This is an idea that I found on a cute website... Bake It In A Cake check it out- it's a lot of fun!



Rainy Day cupcakes... now tell me this isn't the most adorable idea for a cupcake ever!!! Next time I will definitely put a little less blue on the bottom, but that is supposed to be a little puddle- and the cute little blue sprinkles in the batter look like rain drops!

And Rainbow cupcakes- which seem to be all the rage nowadays :) I just love color- and cake is no exception! It's just plain fun! And of course the colors can be mixed and matched to coordinate with your party or theme :) 2 colors, 3 colors you name it! The possibilities are endless!\

And of course when the inside is cute... the outside has to be cute too right???

Check these out...
Sorry about the crazy colors... That blue really was a beautiful sky blue... but for some reason... uh yah.  But I couldn't decide which one to use, so I tried all 3 :) Homemade cotton candy ... homemade marshmallow... and mini marshmallows :) And the rainbows are something every little kid loves... Extremes Sour Berry Rainbows! When I saw them for the first time, I knew I had to make a rainbow cupcake... seriously... they just beg to be put on top of a cupcake don't they?

Then the other cupcakes we made were Oreo... uhhhhh Cookies N Creme :)

They were technically made with Oreos (not the store brand), but I don't think I can call them Oreo Cupcakes can I? Hmmmm.  Anyway.  These are also something that is all the rage right now... making cupcakes more decadent and scrumptious... hey why not? I put an Oreo in the bottom of some of the cupcakes we made (under the Oreo batter- with lots of crushed Oreos in it :)) then topped it with an Oreo Cream Cheese Buttercream- again with lots of crushed Oreos, and topped it with more Oreo crumbs and a halved cookie :) But that's not all... ohhhh no... we actually filled the cupcake with a luscious light creamy Oreo filling. Can I say the word Oreo any more???? Seriously... it tastes like Cookies and Cream ice cream... only it isn't frozen so it doesn't melt and get your cupcake all soggy and gross... yummmm indeed. See that creamy goodness in the middle of the cupcake?  It is reeeeeeally good- but don't take my word for it- send me a little note :)... order a few... or a few dozen :) I won't tell!!! :) (Unfortunately, I didn't make sure the cupcake I cut open had a cookie in the bottom... and of course I didn't realize that til JUST now... and I hate to waste the whole cupcakes... but if I remember, I will find one and cut it open for you to see... I am telling you... it is to die for :))

Well hope you all have had an awesome week- and here comes the glorious weekend!!! I say it's about darn time ;)
Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers :) and hope you have an amazing, fantabulous time this weekend pampering your mommies!!!

Sweet Dreamz all!!!
Renee :D

No comments:

Post a Comment