Wednesday, April 10, 2013

If you love Salty & Sweet ... read on :)

So I guess before last weekend I hadn't posted in say... about 6 months... ouch... I guess I am making up for my absence, by bombarding you with posts... sorry about that :)

Today I am going to be featuring my pretzels. Not sure why I have never done that, but here ya go :)

Chocolate covered pretzels are kind of an awesome thing... you get the salty and the sweet to balance eachother out, and also you get to feel slightly less guilty because after all, a pretzel is healthy right? And one could also argue that chocolate is healthy... so we just have to figure out a way to say sprinkles or candy bars are healthy... hmmmm... I will work on that and get back to you ;)

So I do 3 different sizes of pretzels, the mini twist, the large twist and the pretzel rod.  And actually it is more of a  small rod comparatively, (no not the miniscule ones you find at bars and parties to dip with) but not quite the large rods that are like a foot long.  Maybe not that big but almost ;) ... I find them a lot more manageable than the huge ones... I honestly have a hard time eating the large ones... it's a bit much :)

So what is so special about these pretzels? Well I will tell you... not only are they not only dipped but DOUBLE dipped in creamy milk chocolate (or white or dark... whatever your little heart desires) then they are drenched in toppings.  Not sprinkled... not covered, but literally drenched.  I cover all sides copiously with whatever yummies you desire. Then after all that... I drizzle with your choice of chocolate - even colored if you need something to match a color or theme for your party ... not only does it help it look finished, but also helps all the yummies stay in place :) Which is a good thing... And trust me... it is an experience :)

"So what yummies can I cover my pretzels with?" you might be asking? Here is a short list... but if you have anything in mind that you would like to see... let me know! I love doing custom orders and finding fun new flavors!

Candy- like Toffee (mine is homemade but tastes like Skor or Heath Bars :)), Butterfinger (I do use the original on this one... can't beat it...yet that is ;))  & M&Ms Minis (or full size... they just don't fit quite as nicely as the minis :)- but you can get seasonal colors and flavors in the full size, so that's a plus :))
Marshmallow
Caramel
Nuts
Sprinkles
Peanut Butter Chips (my normal for this one is dipping it in Peanut Butter chips- Reeses PB Chips- then dipping it in milk chocolate, then swirling it in the PB chocolate, then finally covering it in chopped PB chips.... and nuts... if you so desire... it's kind of a PB explosion if you will :))
Mini Chocolate Chips 
Oreos
White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo (one of my personal favorites :))

Now I will say this... My pretzels are never coated in candy coating (ok... whatever possessed someone to say that is chocolate? Chocolate flavor? Come on... really???) I use only REAL 100% Milk, Semi Sweet, and White Chocolate, as I do with all my chocolates and goodies.  I actually make a custom mixture of milk and semi sweet for my milk chocolate- it gives you not only the smooth and silky texture of milk, but the rich flavor of the semi sweet. You may request one or the other, but if none is specified, then I use the mixture. And just an FYI :) I use a custom blend of Nestle, Hershey's and Ghiradelli chocolates- sometimes a little Guittard if I can get it- just because they all have different qualities and characteristics... so yah... I am a bit of a chocolate snob... fanatic I suppose... what can I say!  I love chocolate :) And I hope that loves comes through in every yummy somewhat healthy bite :)

Prices are as follows :)
One topping:
Mini Twists- $5 per 2 dozen
Large Twists- $4 per dozen
Rods-  $4 per dozen

Specialty:  up to 2 different toppings (like the White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo).  Add $1 to price above

Deluxe: Up to 4 different toppings (you crazy person you ;)) Shall we call this the kitchen sink?  Add $2.50 to price above

To order some yummies- you can email me here - or contact me on Facebook here :)  I really hope to have an interactive purchasing basket on my website very soon!!!


So what fun toppings can you come up with?

No comments:

Post a Comment