Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cafe Rio fans... You're Welcome!!! :)

OK... I know this isn't a "sweet" post, but I seriously just had to share.  I mean this is huge... epic if you will...
If you love Cafe Rio salads, then stay tuned... their salad dressing is amazing am I right? You just can't have a Cafe Rio Salad without the dressing... it's just not the same... I mean you couldn't put a regular old Ranch on it could you? NO... never.
So I bring to you... the frugal person's answer to the Cafe Rio Salad.  Because everything else on it is pretty easy to make- come on now ;) The recipe is ever so slightly modified from the Our Best Bites gals (I love them :))

Creamy Lime-Cilantro Dressing
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
1/2 cup milk
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup cilantro chopped
2-3 TB (yes TB) of fresh garlic (the original calls for 2 cloves, and if I understand correctly that equals about 2 tsp, but I misread ;) , and I didn't notice a overpowering aftertaste or anything from adding this much even 2 days later... I started with 2 TB then added more- you can of course add as much or as little as you like)
1/4 cup (plus) of green chile salsa (I used Taco Bell, but for more heat I understand from the original recipe Herdez is the best)
juice of 1 1/2 limes (I added more than the original recipe because it thickened a little too much in the fridge for my taste- I like the dressing to be pretty runny, but add 1 lime and go from there- whatever you like :))
handful of garden fresh chives chopped :)

Blend this all up REALLY good in the blender and there you have it :) Use it on your copycat Cafe Rio salad- or even dip chicken nuggets or veggies in it :) (That's what the OBB gals say to do.. haven't tried it yet myself but certainly will soon :))
YUMMMMM- seriously this stuff is awesome... I will definitely be adding this to my family recipe book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment