Thursday, April 4, 2013

Fluffy Bites of Awesome Deliciousness... too much right? ;)

Ok... now by a raise of hands... how many of you love marshmallows?
Now how many of you have had a homemade marshmallow?

GASP!!! What?! You can make marshmallows... it's true.  Yes, it does require a heavy duty stand mixer, and a little bit of candy making skills but honestly, it is almost a tragedy to even compare these to storebought marshmallows. There are so many chemicals and preservatives in storebought marshmallows, I don't even want to think about it.  These are basically just sugar, cornstarch, gelatin, and real fruit flavorings and pure extracts.

For those who are vegetarian, I do make a marshmallow with egg whites instead of gelatin, (since gelatin is a meat byproduct), but sorry vegans... I haven't found a reasonable substitute for the gelatin or egg whites. Marshmallows are a naturally fully gluten free product, however, since I do still produce things with flour, I would only recommend it for people who have a gluten intolerance rather than an allergy, since grains of flour can sit in the air for almost 2 days (or so I am told).  I don't want anyone to get sick on my account :/. 

My marshmallows are light, fluffy and delightfully creamy... everything a good, fresh marshmallow should be.  And not so disgustingly sweet that you will go into a sugar coma from eating a few (or feel sick to your stomach like I always do after choking down a marshmallow or two)

I make marshmallows in a myriad of lovely flavors- here are a few :)





Mint Chocolate Chip- a creamy mint (creme de menthe) marshmallow topped with mini chocolate chips like eating the ice cream only it doesn't melt :)





 Fresh Strawberry- a delicious vanilla marshmallow with juicy bits of REAL strawberry in it... like eating a strawberry cloud :)








Lemon - a luscious lemon marshmallow made with real lemon juice, zest, and pure lemon extract.  For anyone who loves lemon- or better yet, lemon meringue pie (ME!)... you will LOVE this... they are literally to die for.  It isn't sour, and it isn't super duper sweet- just a perfect combination of lemon and fluff :)





Here are some other flavors we enjoy- but as always, if there is a flavor you like please let me know!
Vanilla (of course :))
Orange
Raspberry
Blackberry Raspberry
Blue Raspberry
Cherry
Banana
Pumpkin Spice (seasonal- I do use real pumpkin)
Root Beer Float
Lime
Cream Soda
Double Chocolate Chip
Cappucino
Chai Tea
Chai Spice
Cinnamon Red Hots
Cinnamon (the spice :))
Peppermint
Peppermint Chocolate Chip
Cherry Limeade
Caramel
Butterscotch
These are awesome in hot tea or hot chocolate, and are just as amazing right out of the bag (I won't tell :))

Now if you are looking to purchase some, just click here- I have sampler packs (up to
4 flavors- 12 total marshmallows), and packages of 12 or 24 (1 flavor).  They are molded, if you will, in mini cupcake tins into 1 oz mallows (saves me the hassle of having to cut them later with greased scissors and getting all frustrated because they aren't perfect or all the same size :)) I do take special orders to cut with flower, or egg, or bunny cookie cutters (or egg molds)- or really pretty much any shape you can imagine... cars, hearts, skulls :) You can also get these in mug size (a large round marshmallow perfect for the top of hot chocolate mugs) they melt so beautifully into hot drinks... not into bubbles like regular marshmallows, but into ooey gooey yummy deliciousness... I double dog dare you to try it :) And since summer is coming up- these make incredible Smores too!

 And finally, I also make Glamour Chicks (my version of Peeps- only significantly more awesome...) Tell me those aren't the cutest little marshmallow chicks you've seen? I mean come on...Peeps? Not even close... I add some gorgeous edible glitter to the brightly colored sugar, (because everything is just more awesome with glitter :)) and trust me... you will never touch a Peep again. :)  The sugar isn't super thick, and the marshmallow inside is soft and fluffy :)
And they are available all year round, not just during Easter- so even better right?! 


So any ideas as to what I should call them? To call them marshmallows seems so... I don't know... ordinary ;)

Have a wonderful week!
And as always - Sweet Dreamz everyone!

Renee :D

No comments:

Post a Comment